Crisp outside and slightly chewy inside, just like Takoyaki. Very easy to make with ingredients on hand without a special pan.
Fillings are optional. You can mix in green onions, Beni Shōga (red pickled ginger), etc…
FYI Regular Takoyaki Recipe:
Potato Takoyaki without a special pan (Easy Quick Recipe)
Difficulty: VERY Easy
Number of servings: 12 pieces
400g (14oz.) potato
4 tbsp. Katakuriko (potato starch) or corn starch
1/2 tsp. salt
* Takoyaki sauce or Okonomiyaki sauce
* Katsuobushi (bonito flakes)
* Aonori (green laver)
Okonomiyaki Sauce from scratch:
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce + 2 tbsp. ketchup + 1 tsp. honey (or sugar)
1. Peel and cut potatoes into chunks, wash, and boil them on medium until soft (insert a skewer to check if they are done). Drain and mash them while hot. You can also microwave potatoes for 8 minutes to cook.
2. Mix in salt and Katakuriko (potato starch) or corn starch.
3. Roll into about 12 balls. You can put the fillings if you like but not necessary.
4. Heat about 0.1 inch oil in a frying pan, then roll around to cook. More sides you cook, rounder the balls become.
5. Serve on a dish, and top with sauce, mayonnaise, Katsuobushi, and Aonori.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please follow my Instagram♥
♥Please “Like” me on Facebook♥