Miso Rice Mochi is a very popular Traditional snack in Tōhoku area (Yamagata, Akita, Iwate, etc…) in Japan. Sticky rice balls topped with addictive sweet Miso glaze! Mouthwatering! Must try 😋
You can use leftover cold rice 👍
Perfect for Vegan, Vegetarian people as well 💖
|Miso Rice Mochi|
Miso Rice Mochi (Chewy Traditional Japanese Snack)
Time: 30 min
Number of servings: 3 sticks
Necessary Items: bamboo skewers
150g (5.3 oz.) cooked Japanese rice
1 tbsp. Miso
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. Dashi soup stock *water is OK
1 tsp. white sesame seeds
cooking oil or sesame oil
1. Mix Miso, sugar, and Dash soup stock.
2. Mash the rice with a rice paddle until it gets sticky like Mochi. Divide it into 9 pieces, roll into balls, put onto bamboo skewers, then form them into flat round shapes.
3. Toast sesame seeds in a frying pan to bring out the flavor.
4. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan, cook both sides, brush Miso sauce on one side, then cook again until golden. *Be careful not to burn
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to finish.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please follow my Instagram♥
♥Please “Like” me on Facebook♥