Simple yet delicious. I will keep the recipe super simple so that you can modify this recipe in the way you like 😉
Yaki Udon is a very basic Japanese stir-fried Udon noodle dish made with lots of vegetables and meat/seafood. We usually make it using the leftover vegetables and thinly sliced pork but getting a package of assorted vegetables and any meat/seafood is OK, too! Take it easy and enjoy!!!
You can use any Dashi product but so far my favorite to make this dish is this one: RIKEN Kombu Dashi Powder (リケン 素材力だし こんぶだし)
You can use Homemade Udon, too:
How to Make Yaki Udon (EASIEST Recipe Ever to Follow)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 2
2 packages fresh Udon noodles
100g (3.5oz) thinly sliced pork
300g (10.5oz) vegetables of your choice *I recommend adding some onion slices
1 Chikuwa (fish cake) *If you have OPTIONAL
5g (1&2/3tsp.) Dashi powder *I recommend RIKEN Kombu Dashi Powder
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. cooking oil
pepper *if you like
bonito flakes *if you like
Vegetables of your choice ideas:
cabbage, bean sprouts, carrot, green pepper, onion, chive, long onion, Shimeji mushrooms, Shiitake mushrooms, etc… Sometimes I use only bean sprouts and onion slices and it turns out amazingly delicious if you don’t care the color of the dish. hehe
1. Cut meat and vegetables into bite-size pieces.
2. Wash Udon under running water to separate, then drain well. You can also use boiled frozen Udon.
3. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan and cook the meat until no longer pink. Then add vegetables and fish cake (if you have) and cook until vegetables are tender.
4. Add Udon, season with Dashi powder and soy sauce. You can add pepper if you like.
5. Serve in a dish, top with bonito flakes if you like.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please follow my Instagram♥
♥Please “Like” me on Facebook♥