Fusilli holds Shirasu (baby sardines/whitebait), Shimeji adds extra Umami, very tasty yet delicious!!! Easy for kids to eat 😉
Shirasu goes perfect with rice as well as pasta dish! TRY 💖
FYI: Boiled Whitebait Rice Bowl (Kamaage Shirasu Don / Donburi) 釜揚げしらす丼
Fusilli with Shirasu and Shimeji Mushrooms (Japanese Pasta Recipe)
Number of servings: 2~3
250g (8.8oz) Fusilli pasta
200g (7oz) Shimeji Mushrooms
100g (3.5oz) Shirasu (whitebait)
1 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
salt and pepper
1 tbsp. toasted white sesame seeds
Kizaminori (shredded Nori seaweed sheet)
Shiso leaf strips
1. Remove the tough base of Shimeji mushrooms and break into pieces.
2. Heat sesame oil in a frying pan, cook Shimeji, and season with soy sauce and Mirin.
3. Cook the pasta according to your package.
4. Add the pasta into Shimeji mushrooms, add Shirasu (frozen is OK), then season with salt and pepper. Add some toasted white sesame seeds. You can add a dash of sesame oil to enhance the flavor 😉 *Grated garlic paste can be added if you need garlic flavor for your pasta.
5. Serve in a dish, top with Kizaminori (shredded Nori seaweed sheet), and Shiso leaf strips if you like.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please follow my Instagram♥
♥Please “Like” me on Facebook♥